THE MOST SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURS DO THESE TEN THINGS:
1. Using your phone, tablet, or computer in bed. Backlit devices interfere with melatonin production. Turn it off approximately one hour before you desire to fall asleep.
2. Impulsively surfing the Internet. Contrary to popular belief, the human brain cannot multi-task. You are distracting yourself from the state of flow.
3. Checking your phone during a conversation. Be present with your company; you are not the president of the United States.
4. Using multiple notifications. Be brave; turn off all of your notifications so that you can focus on the task at hand. Simply create a habit to check your phone/tablet every hour or two hours instead. This helps you stay present. You are a human being; not a human doing.
5. Saying “no.” One of the best med-free stress relievers available.
6. Perseverating on toxic people or toxic situations. This requires self discipline, but envision a stop sign when you think about a toxic situation or a toxic person and simply ‘stop’ and turn right or left. Bring your awareness to something or someone for which you are grateful.
7. Multitasking during meetings. Multitasking during meetings hurts you by creating the impression that you believe you are more important than everyone else.
8. Gossiping. Never a good idea; not productive; not nice. Great minded people talk about ideas; simple minded people gossip about others.
9. Waiting to act until you know you’ll succeed. Slow down; great ideas take time to percolate.
10. Comparing yourself to other people. Take your power back; when you compare, you are giving your power away.
The take away? Be patient with yourself; making changes takes time. Your brain likes what is familiar; the question is are you productive as you would like to be? If you are not, then maybe a few changes are in order.
If you keep doing what you are doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting.
~Thank you Entrepreneur Magazine for kicking off this discussion.