Links & Resources
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
Addiction and Recovery
SAMHSA’s Substance Abuse/Addiction
SAMHSA’s Treatment and Recovery
Web of Addictions
Treatment Locator (options for pregnant/teens)
Driving Under the Influence – How it Can Affect Your Family
Answers to Your Questions About Panic Disorder
National Center for PTSD
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), Mayo Clinic
International OCD Foundation
Associations & Institutes
American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
American Counseling Association
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
Association for Psychological Science
Canadian Mental Health Association
Center for Mental Health Services
National Institute of Mental Health
Mental Health America
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
SAMHSA’s Children and Families
SAMHSA’s Protection and Advocacy
Questions and Answers about Memories of Childhood Abuse
The National Domestic Violence Hotline Website
Educating Women, Children, and Families on Child Abuse and Domestic Violence (Holly Cochran PhD)
Domestic Violence Statstics & Facts
Women Helping Women: Domestic Violence
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
DSM-IV-TR: Diagnoses and Criteria
Dissociation and Traumatic Stress
Sidran Traumatic Stress Institute
Journals & Magazines
Anxiety, Stress and Coping
Depression and Anxiety
Drug and Alcohol Review
Early Child Development and Care
Journal of Gambling Studies
Journal of Happiness Studies
Journal of Mental Health and Aging
Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy
Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology
Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment
Language and Cognitive Processes
Loss, Grief & Care
Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities
Metaphor and Symbol
Personality and Individual Differences
Psychology of Men & Masculinity
Stress and Health
Studies in Gender and Sexuality
Trauma, Violence & Abuse
Medications and Health Supplements
Drug Interactions, Drugs.com
Drug Interactions, DIRECT
Medication, Internet Mental Health
Mental Health Care General Links
Internet Mental Health
Let’s Talk Facts, APA
Mental Health Counselor Resources, About.com
Mental Help Net
University of Michigan Health Library
Web Sites You Can Trust, Medical Library Association
Idaho Self Rescue Manual
Suggestions for Good Sleep
- Don’t spend too much time in bed.
- Get up at the same time each day.
- Daily exercise can help deepen sleep.
- Make your bedroom comfortable and free of disturbing noise and light.
- Keep room temperature moderate. Cool head; warm body.
- Eat regular meals and do not go to sleep hungry.
- Try to avoid drinking a lot of liquids after 8p.
- Avoid alcohol in the evening; it elicits adrenaline release in the wee hours.
- Try not to smoke when you are having trouble sleeping.
- Don’t take your problems to bed.
- Reduce or eliminate caffeinated beverages in the evening.
- Only use the bedroom for sleep and sexual activity. Do not read, eat, or watch TV in bed.
- Don’t watch the clock; turn clocks away from you.
- Avoid daytime naps.
- Don’t “try” to fall asleep.
- Eliminate exposure to backlit devices in the 2 hours before bedtime.
Note: Not responsible for the content, claims or representations of the listed sites.